Suggest remedy for frequent urination
Sounds like Overactive Bladder.
I am sorry you are having this life altering problem!
There are a number of things you can try. The first are behavioral techniques, and the second are medications.
1. Kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. It can take 6 - 8 weeks to show improvement when doing these exercises, but they can be very helpful. The idea is that strengthening certain muscles will decrease the bladder's involuntary contractions.
2. Double voiding. After urinating, wait a few minutes and then try to urinate again. This helps empty the bladder more completely.
3. Limit fluid intake during times of the day that it is not convenient to be going to the bathroom.
4. Take cranberry capsules to decrease any bacterial colonization in the bladder that might be making the bladder walls twitchy and contracting excessively.
5. Bladder training. With this technique you try to delay urinating for a given length of time. Over time, this amount of time is extended. This works if you have strong pelvis floor muscles (reason for doing Kegels). Start by delaying urinating for 15 minutes each time you feel the need to go, and increase that duration every few days.
6. If you are overweight, try to decrease your weight as excess weight exerts pressure on the bladder.
If none of this helps, you may want to see your doctor about getting on a medication for overactive bladder. There are many on the market now. They do have some side effects that are possible (dry mouth, constipation, etc), but sometimes the benefit is worth it.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having frequent urination and acidity problem suggest some remedy
- What is the remedy for painful bleeding with frequent urination
- Frequent urination with burning sensationbruti any home remedy
- Remedy for frequent urination at night only
- Suggest medication for frequent urination
- Can you suggest any remedy for frequent urine infection
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Home remedy for frequent urination in a 3 year child
- Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination
- Suffering from frequent urination suggest