Suggest remedy for foul smell after gastric bypass

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I suffer with a smelly rear as i have had gastric bypass and my wind is really smelly that it not only lingers but it makes my underpants stint so the smell doesn't go away
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
as outlined. probiotics and charcoal

Detailed Answer:
HI.
The reason for such an occurrence after the Gastric Bypass can be due to an intestinal infection or disturbance in the intestinal bacterial flora.

You may try the following and may get free of this smelly wind and stinting.

Get a course of an antibiotic, metronidazole and Probiotic for 5 days.
Continue probiotic till get alright.
Avoid all such foods and beverages which you must have by this noticed to enhance your problems.
Add Banana and curd to diet.
Take activated Charcoal tablets in full dosage.
Discuss with your Dietitian about the change to be made and have proper supplements. IT is possible that some of the supplements ( if you are taking ) can be the reason behind this.

I hope this should help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj