Suggest remedy for facial numbness and severe anxiety

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I have some x-rays that I am requesting to be reviewed. I have been experiencing facial numbness around my jaw, neck area on and off for 6 months. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic attacks which I don't want to be on medication for. I had an MRI done recently as my doctor is concerned about the possibility of MS. The MRI indicated two "non specific" areas smaller than a centimeter each in the front right hemisphere of my brain, so I have been referred to a neurologist for further evaluation. My symptoms are tingling, muscle weakness, fatigue, anxiety, balance off. The x-rays I am requesting review for were taken by my chiropractor who tells me I have a problem with my neck due to my right leg being an inch shorter than the left, being swayback and having my axis off. I am really exhausted all of the time and the muscle weakness, fatigue, facial and neck numbness is really scaring me. I was hoping that someone could look at my x-rays and tell me if there is anything of concern on any of them that is seen. Thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings suggests degenerative changes in spine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Findings suggests degenerative changes in spine.It is indicated by presence of osteophytes.Rest of the findings are normal.
Besides clinical correlation,routine investigations,I suggest for MRI cervical spine.
It is important to assess nerve root compression etc in cervical spine.Facial and neck numbness etc may be related to cervical spine.
You may need routine hemogram,random blood sugar,lipid profile,liver and renal function test,urine RE/ME.

Non specific areas in frontal area is generally not concerning.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 9 minutes later
Thank you so much for your time in reviewing these. May I ask you if the presence of osteophytes are more present in my neck or throughout my spine. I seem to be experiencing a lot of problems with my neck. My chiropractor told me to try to really strengthen it by working out. Do you suggest muscle increase throughout that region would help decrease the tensity? I feel like I have a lot of imbalance, like I need to sit down or lean against something. I recently had a bunch of blood work done and everything came back normal. I will ask my doctor about the MRI of the cervical spine though. Can this degeneration cause me to be dizzy and off balance?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Osteophytes are more in cervical spine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Sorry for replying late

Osteophytes are more in cervical spine.
Dizziness,imbalance etc may be related to degenerative changes in spine.
You are rightly suggested that physiotherapy helps in preventing further progression of disease.
Physiotherapy cause strengthening of paraspinal muscles.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 59 minutes later
Thank you so much for your time and expertise. You have answered my question. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for your comments.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for your comments.

Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX