Suggest remedy for extreme abdominal pain

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have had abdominal pain since last night. It feels like my intenstans are blocked. The pain is up high. I can't get comfortable. It feels like gas can't move.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional details...

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted your history of pain high up in abdomen since last night, feeling like intestines are blocked, that gas can not move, can not get comfortable and taking the medicines as you have noted.

May I please know additional points:
Do you have bloating (distension of abdomen)?
Any nausea or vomiting?
Passing of stool; if passed the color, consistency, smell?
Fever or any other associated symptoms?

I would advise you the following in such a situation:
- Get X-ray of the abdomen in standing position
- Ultrasonography
- Clinical evaluation and examination for probable cause and further investigations and treatment.
- If constipation is the problem you may have to take a laxative or enema.
- It is always wise to take one EKG when there is pain high up in abdomen to rule out any cardiac issue.

Awaiting for your feedback.

Please feel free to give feedback, discuss further, ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.