Suggest remedy for excessive secretion of mucus from eyes
I am a 33 yr male. I had fever, body pains on Friday, because of strain. I took paracetamol i. E., dolo 650 and I was feeling lot better on Saturday. I was just feeling little weak.
But on Saturday morning after I woke up I observed that my right eye lids were sealed a bit with mucus, my left eye had some mucus. Saturday day time right eye was slightly watering. But at night time after going to bed, it watered a lot and had a very disturbed sleep. Today morning by the time I woke up left eye has little mucus, but right eye is tightly sealed.
Please suggest a remedy for my condition.
I can see clearly, no problem with vision, but right eye is a bit swollen.
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is conjunctivitis. What you need to do is to wash your eyes with plain water. we in our practice prefer antibiotic eye drops 5 to 6 times a day ,like Gentycin or moxifloxcin eye drops and antibiotic eye ointment like Neosporine at bed time. This should be OK in 3 to 4 days time.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Thanks for getting back to us.
Other family members have to take care not to touch their eyes as your home is infected.Once they touch their eyes chances of their getting conjunctivitis increase.
If there there are no further queries in this regard you can rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Redness in eyes what is the reason and suggest remedy
- Suggest eye drops for eye irritation
- Light flashes and mucus formation in the eye remedy
- Home remedy for pink eye mucus
- Eye floaters and tinnitus please suggest remedies
- Mucus in eye
- Suggest remedies for double vision and eye pain
- Sore eye redness applied eye ointment suggestions
- Pink eye remedy eye drops
- Suggest remedy to cure large lump under eye