• question-icon

Suggest remedy for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: Am experiencing erections problems the last 4-5 years. Am embarrassed to visit a doctor. I will consider my self healthy and am good for my age .
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May need evaluation

Detailed Answer:

Erection issues are not uncommon at 50years of age and you certainly need not be embarrassed at meeting a doctor. If you have gained benefit from use of Kamagra, that's fine, but ideally before use if such medicines, you should ensure you have no major health issues, such as heart ischaemia.

A Baseline serum Testosterone level taken at 8AM will also help. If it is low, a depot injection of testosterone may give you such a good benefit that you might not need any further oral treatment.

Hope I have been of help.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later
What baseline serum testosterone you suggest ? Is that a pill to take every morning ?
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That's a blood test

Detailed Answer:
That's a blood test. Ideally Blood Testosterone should be checked in the early morning for accurate estimate. If it is low, it could be the cause of poor erections. Sometimes, rechecking this might be necessary. If persistent liw levels are noted, it could be the answer to your problem.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. V. Sasanka

Urologist