• question-icon

    Suggest remedy for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: Am experiencing erections problems the last 4-5 years. Am embarrassed to visit a doctor. I will consider my self healthy and am good for my age .
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May need evaluation

Detailed Answer:

Erection issues are not uncommon at 50years of age and you certainly need not be embarrassed at meeting a doctor. If you have gained benefit from use of Kamagra, that's fine, but ideally before use if such medicines, you should ensure you have no major health issues, such as heart ischaemia.

A Baseline serum Testosterone level taken at 8AM will also help. If it is low, a depot injection of testosterone may give you such a good benefit that you might not need any further oral treatment.

Hope I have been of help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later
What baseline serum testosterone you suggest ? Is that a pill to take every morning ?
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That's a blood test

Detailed Answer:
That's a blood test. Ideally Blood Testosterone should be checked in the early morning for accurate estimate. If it is low, it could be the cause of poor erections. Sometimes, rechecking this might be necessary. If persistent liw levels are noted, it could be the answer to your problem.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered by
Dr. V. Sasanka


Practicing since :1995

Answered : 529 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Testosterone level

doctor1 MD

My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free...

doctor1 MD

Hi j got married one month before and notice something Surprising.i was not able.to keep erection during intercourse.however erection was.ok but it...

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 years old man 10 months ago I notice I was not getting a erection. My doctor said my prostate was a little large but not to bad {I am on...

doctor1 MD

I am a 62 year old male. I am seeing my regular doctor soon for my checkup. I have requested a testosterone test be done along with my other...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor I was on diane 35 for a year and a half along with glyciphage. upon getting a scan and blood tets recently the results show that i still...

doctor1 MD

sir i want to know that my testosterone levels are just in normal range, but what i have observed my testicles have reduced in size and they seems...

doctor1 MD

Hi...im 22 years .. I had a problem with erection from 5 months..and it statrd with pain at anus and it also developed in penis and loss of...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. V. Sasanka
  • Q - Penis head is cold to touch. Why?

  • Q - Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...

  • Q - Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...

  • Q - Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?

  • Q - Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...

  • Q - Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...

  • Q - Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?

  • Q - Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...

  • Q - Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...

  • Q - Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?