Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedy for epiphora

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash


Practicing since :1969

Answered : 12702 Questions

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have watery eye after I had Chalazion or Sty. What kind treatment I need to rid of that problem.
Sincerely XXXXXXX xxxxxx

In the morning I feel my eye is dry on the side where I had Chalazion. It goes away after a moment, but the water starts to leack.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chalazion and stye are different, treatment is also different. Confirmation required

Detailed Answer:
From what I understand you have watery eye following chalazion or stye development. And you are looking forward to treat this watering. Yes, both this condition leads to watering and we need to treat the cause to stop the watering. Therefore it is important that we know what the precise cause is as treatment for chalazion and stye are different.

Treatment of chalazion is minor OPD surgery. Incision after local anesthesia and scooping out. Stye is different it affects the eye lash route.

If you are not sure get examined by eye doctor. Treatment of stye is epilation (removal of eyelash) and cleaning eye lid by sterile swab and Neosporine eye ointment can be applied. So diagnosis is to be confirmed by eye doctor. Respective treatment have been explained. Both the procedure are to be under taken by eye doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Local anesthesia

doctor1 MD

I have had pain in my index finger for a month and trouble straightening and bending my finger. There are times that my finger remains in a curled...

doctor1 MD

I m 58 and had what could be my 1st possible UTI. Well now I m scheduled for a cystoscopy . I ve read the flexible ones are no wider than a pencil...

doctor1 MD

Hi .i have very little skin attached to my pennis and i feel pain while having sex, while sexual inter coarse . it also got torn earlier while...

doctor1 MD

my wife has fungal infection in both ears. removing the same is causing terrible pain. could you pls suggest whether the fungal infection can be...

doctor1 MD

My doctor wants to do a skin graft on a wound on the calf of my leg. It is about the size of a quarter. I have a pacemaker for a slow heart rate....

doctor1 MD

My son went to the dentist yesterday to get a cavity filled. They gave a local Anesthesia in his mouth. when he got out the dentist , his started...