Suggest remedy for epiphora

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have watery eye after I had Chalazion or Sty. What kind treatment I need to rid of that problem.
Sincerely XXXXXXX xxxxxx

In the morning I feel my eye is dry on the side where I had Chalazion. It goes away after a moment, but the water starts to leack.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chalazion and stye are different, treatment is also different. Confirmation required

Detailed Answer:
From what I understand you have watery eye following chalazion or stye development. And you are looking forward to treat this watering. Yes, both this condition leads to watering and we need to treat the cause to stop the watering. Therefore it is important that we know what the precise cause is as treatment for chalazion and stye are different.

Treatment of chalazion is minor OPD surgery. Incision after local anesthesia and scooping out. Stye is different it affects the eye lash route.

If you are not sure get examined by eye doctor. Treatment of stye is epilation (removal of eyelash) and cleaning eye lid by sterile swab and Neosporine eye ointment can be applied. So diagnosis is to be confirmed by eye doctor. Respective treatment have been explained. Both the procedure are to be under taken by eye doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad