Suggest remedy for ear pain after using ear buds

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My right ear is blocked because of wax. I removed it using ear buds then it was proper. When i gotup at morning again same problem. And little bit pain is thr in ear. What is the problem?
Can u suggest some medicine for this?
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to injury.

Detailed Answer:

As you said that you had cleared your ear with ear buds, this might have injured the ear canal producing pain.

Please follow these instructions for ear wax and pain:
1. Avoid clearing your ear canal with ear buds, keys, pencils or any other utensils as this can lead to damage of the ear canal or tympanic membrane.

2. Ear wax protects the skin, cleaning and lubrication of the ear canal and also protects from bacterial or fungal infections.

3. Use NOWAX ear drops two drops in each ear twice a day for 5 days. This will help in softening and removal of the wax and also will the reduce the pain.

4. If even after 5 days, there is no improvement and persistent pain, please visit an ENT specialist for examination and treatment accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari