Suggest remedy for dull back pain and tingling sensation in leg

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I've had a dull back pain when walking for about 10 minutes on the right side of my back just above the buttocks. My doctor thought it was a hip problem and I went for MRI's. It showed some wear and tear but nothing to indicate a hip replacement. I also went to an orthopedist whose analysis was that it was my lumbar region and suggested physical therapy. I tried the therapy for one week and felt much worse. Just in the last week or so, I also get a tingling feeling at the front side of my right leg which comes and goes.
My orthopedist also recommended that I start taking Bromelain which he thought might be helpful.
Can you suggest some remedy. I am in good physical health otherwise.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible lumbar disc prolapse?Upload MRI scan for further assessment

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through your history carefully.

Your symptoms point to lumbar disc prolapse resulting in symptoms like sciatica.

This might need surgical correction.

The decision to go with medical or surgical management is based on the test results.

I can guide you better if you can upload the latest MRI scan of the lumbar spine.

Post your queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar