Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest remedy for dry, leathery,scaly skin on penis shaft

Question
My boyfriend has very dry leathery, scaly skin on the shaft of his penis. He says it cracks whe he has an erection. In march he had open erosion area on his penis that he says happened when we had sex because I was too tight it cleared in a couple of days. We have only been intimate but 4 times this year . But each time there is a new issue. Is this an STD. His scrotum is fine and the head of his penis is the same. He says the dr told him to use medicated Vaseline . Should I be worried
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need not worry about STDs.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for query.

The age of boy friend, morphology of the rash, distribution and the duration is not clear.
But many do have xerotic or dry skin even in the genitals. So there is no need to worry. These can lead to erosion or abrasions due to frictions specially during intercourse.

As suggested by your doctor moisturizing creams are required to keep the area free from erosion. He needs to apply it after bath daily or when required. You can use these or lubricating oils before intercourse.

If you have confidence in your partner about being faithful to you, you need not bother about STDs.

You can get back to me for any clarifications .
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh