Suggest remedy for dizziness when BP reading indicates 61 diastole

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Fri, 8 Jan 2016 in General Health
Question: The bottom reading on my monitor shows that it is 61. I a feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Ineed a quick fix for that as I have to attend an event today
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start taking Pedialyte Oral Rehydration Solution now!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting and your trust in HCM means a lot to me as a Physician.
I have completely reviewed your health query, and can well realize all those concerns. Being your physician, I will take care all of them today and will extend my expertise to solve the problems.

I am sure you are talking about the blood pressure monitoring and the diastolic one (the lower number) is 61. Yes this is a bit low and definitely you will feel dizzy and lightheaded with this reading. So, I suggest you to start taking Pedialyte Oral Rehydration Solution right away. It will take the blood pressure up to the normal levels. Keep an eye on your readings too but when you start feeling OK it means it is back to normal.

Keep taking healthy and balanced diet and plenty of fluids like freshly made fruit juices.

Hope I answered all of your queries. Let me know if you have further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you. Please don't forget to give 'Five star rating' (if agreed) to help me assist patients in a better way; and, please don't forget to click on 'Close This Discussion'.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up is necessary regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is a need to change the treatment options. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Always write down my name in start of your questions at this forum & I will be with you in no time).

Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T