Suggest remedy for dizziness in a person with high BP

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was recently told that I have high blood pressure and have been trying different medicine to get it regulated I took bystolic, and it made me dizzy and now I take Benicar HTC I feel somewhat better but still dizzy and lighted headed at times is this n8
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
possible side effects but some persons use with no problems

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Dizziness is a possible side effect of both of these medications. Side effects are normally experienced in the minority of persons using particular medications.
Many persons using BP medications, do not experience any side effects.

The effect may be due to a direct action/effect of the medication or due to a sharp reduction in blood pressure. If your blood pressure is still high or is not below normal then the dizziness is not due to bp reduction but as a side effect.

If the dizziness and light headed sensation are intolerable , it would be best to ask your doctor to switch to an an alternative.
Though any alternative would have possible side effects (like all medications) , it is possible that you would respond better to another one.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions