Suggest remedy for dizziness caused by sinus infection

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have persistant sinus pain and pressure mainly at the top of my nose. It causes me a slight light headed/dizziness. I have been taking antibiotics and cortisone without success and nasal spray - Nazanex doesnt seem to help. Having a CT tomorrow. What can i do and how can i get rid of this ?Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 20 minutes later
Brief answer....wait for the CT result
detailed answer...
Since you are not being relieved by antibiotics,nasal sprays and cortisone,the best is to go for CT and find he answer. Since you are already undergoing CT tomorrow,let us wait for the report of this.
Further treatment would depend upon the findings in CT.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 minutes later
Thank you . I had a CT about 5 years - showed a slight deviated septum and some inflamation. What do you think the likely situation is and treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 minutes later
It is very difficult to comment as the reason could be some local fungal infection or some polyp etc. It is no point guessing and getting worried unnecessarily because there can be various causes for it.
Just relax and wait for CT.
Thanks
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta