Suggest remedy for dizziness caused by low troponin 1 levels in blood

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Went to ER with dizziness all blood work showed was magnesium level a little high and troponin 1 level low at .0015. What does this mean
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
troponin i levels negative; follow as advised

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.

I understand your concern.
Your dizziness might have been due to dyselectrolytemia or electrolyte imbalance. You have said that your serum magnesium level was a bit high; it is not commonly encountered and may have some problem with renal or kidney excretion. Considering your age, you can have mild kidney derangements for which you should consult a doctor and get a thorough blood examination done in the form of complete blood count, urea, creatinine etc. Alongwith, serum calcium and potassium should also be done as these seem to alter with altered magnesium levels.
I am not saying that you are having some dysfunction but considering your age, you should get checked.
Now, the troponin I levels are negative; hence do not worry, there is no cardiac compromise at present.
Also continue any drugs if given from ER.
Take lots of oral fluid, take adequate rest and do brisk exercise.

Hope i have answered your question.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina