Suggest remedy for dizziness and nausea along with popping sensation in ears

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 24 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: I came home from work yesterday and became very dizzy, to the point I have a hard time walking without feeling like am about to tip over and bumping into walls. When I laid down I felt nauseous and felt the room spinning. This morning, after sleeping 9 hours, I feel better but still somewhat dizzy and nauseous, but not debilitating like last night. Any idea what this may be ? I also felt my ears popping. My theory is allergies.

XXXX

I also wanted to add that I am 6' 1" about 205 pounds, athletic and work out regularly. In other words, generally fit. I could probably stand to loose maybe 10 pounds.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What di you do yesterday? Did you drink enough? Was it hot?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this these symptoms that you have reported. My immediately thinking is that you might have dehydration from not drinking enough water. If you did any work that was strenuous, in hot weather, etc., this is the most likely cause. Your symptoms are typical of hypotension. My advice for now is to monitor and drink much water. Should this happen again, please take your blood pressure and report to me.

My immediate thinking is that this had to do with the day’s activities and weather conditions and will likely not occur again. If it occurs, at that time we need to be more concerned and probably plan for examination and investigations. for now, am calm and not too worried and look forward to a monitoring only with the plan to push for further answers if this happens again.

Your BMI is about 27 and less than the recommended 25 for you. If you could loose some pounds, that will be a nice idea. Go for it!

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.