Suggest remedy for disproportionate abdomen size

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: I am 5 ft 3, weigh 143lbs. I am 66 years old. I have no problem with my lower half. wear a size 6-8 petite, however, my abdomen under my flat chest calls for lg. or exlg. How can I change
this? I am so counting on an answer! I will do anything! signed: so, so discouraged! Wow, I am waiting for an answer and help.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this disproportionate sizes and all the inconveniences that this has caused you. Your weight seems okay for your height and as such this is more of a problem of how your weight is distributed than how much you weigh. The best approach to this would be to consult a plastic surgeon to see what options are available for correcting this and what the various chances of success are. Weight loss would certainly not offer great help here.

In all, consult a plastic surgeon for evaluation and management.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Also, if you can send a picture of yourself, it would be helpful to me.