Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedy for disproportionate abdomen size

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6184 Questions
I am 5 ft 3, weigh 143lbs. I am 66 years old. I have no problem with my lower half. wear a size 6-8 petite, however, my abdomen under my flat chest calls for lg. or exlg. How can I change
this? I am so counting on an answer! I will do anything! signed: so, so discouraged! Wow, I am waiting for an answer and help.

Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this disproportionate sizes and all the inconveniences that this has caused you. Your weight seems okay for your height and as such this is more of a problem of how your weight is distributed than how much you weigh. The best approach to this would be to consult a plastic surgeon to see what options are available for correcting this and what the various chances of success are. Weight loss would certainly not offer great help here.

In all, consult a plastic surgeon for evaluation and management.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Also, if you can send a picture of yourself, it would be helpful to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor