Suggest remedy for diarrhoea and abdominal pain
Amoebic dysentery is most likely and she will need medical help
Hello and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Blood seen in the stool along with diarrhoea (acute/sudden onset) is most probably due to amoebic dysentery which is an infection of the intestines that causes diarrhoea that contains blood and mucus.
Taking her age into consideration I would strongly recommend taking her to a medical centre as dehydration and extreme weakness may settle in which can put strain on her heart, which is not good at her age.
Treatment usually includes:
+Feeding either orally or through parental nutrition
+Antibiotic coverage (e.g. azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, etc.)
Please do visit a doctor as her current status is only going to worsen as she continues to lose more fluids. I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatments for abdominal pain
- Suggest medication for nauseaheadacheback and abdominal pain
- What is the remedy for abdominal pain
- Abdominal pain after foreplay remedies
- What is the remedy for constipation and abdominal pain
- Suggest medication for cramps and abdominal pain
- What is the remedy for dizziness and abdominal pain
- Suggest medication for abdominal pain
- Remedy for abdominal pain and constipation
- Home remedies for child abdominal pain