Suggest remedy for diarrhea

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Can you please share with me the many causes of loose bowel movements?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Always here to help, listed most of what I could think of as of now

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would be more than happy to help you with causes for loose bowel movements (diarrhoea), they are:

+Side effect of medications
+Viral infections
+Stomach infections (e.g. gastroenteritis)
+Bacterial infections
+Chronic conditions (E.g. irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulosis, etc.)
+Peptic ulcer disease
+Parasite infections
+Lactose intolerance
+Sugar consumption (in a few individuals who find it difficult to digest sugar)
+Artificial sweeteners (e.g. sorbitol which is commonly found in most beverages)
+Stress
+Surgery
+Indigestion
+Disorders or abnormalities of the digestive system (e.g. celiac disease, and a few other conditions also listed above)
and a few other minor conditions.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.