• question-icon

Suggest remedy for diarrhea, fever and vomiting with white blisters on throat

Posted on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi!
Everyone in my family had a stomach virus.
I had a stomach virus yesterday with vomiting and diarrhea. I'm fine today, but now have red rash on my body and face. It's not itchy or raised. Didn't have fever with the virus. I do have a white blister like spot in the back of my throat, not on the tonsils. But it has been there a couple of weeks. So I'm worried about strep with rash now? But I don't feel unwell. My throat is just irritated from severe vomiting. It didn't hurt before.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
maybe viral exanthem

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that the rash is due to viral exanthem.

This is a rash that occurs along with a viral infection including viral infections that affect the gastrointestinal tract.

They do not occur in all persons and do not indicate that there is any serious condition present.

The viral exanthem rash tends to resolve within in days of the other symptoms resolving so it should go away in a few days to 1 week

It is treated symptomatically only, this means for example if it was itching- you would used an antihistamine or calamine lotion to help with the itching,
If painful- would use a pain killer

Since you are not having any symptoms at the moment, you can monitor

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James