Suggest remedy for delayed growth in a child
needs more protein and calories
Thanks for writing to us.
Generally upto 3rd percentile for height and weight is acceptable within normal limits.
In your granddaughters case it is just on the borderline.
Though not a concern
I would suggest
1. Monitor height and weight monthly. If the growth curve is flattened or shows a dip it is more alarming.
If curve is growing steadily then you can relax.
2. Increase protein and calories intake. 1200 calories is required at this age. Try increasing fruit and vegetables intake for micronutrients.
3. Do a hemogram to look for any anemia which can be present in such kids.
If so you can start iron supplements.
Wishing your granddaughter good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does child s mri suggest about speech delay
- Suggest remedy for child with severe pain in ribs
- Slow hair growth for my kids please suggest remedy
- Delay teeth growth in baby
- 10 months child swallowed mosquito repellant cream suggest some remedy
- Suggest remedy for full mustache growth
- Child has constipation tried floweez suggest other remedy
- Child has cold and cough pls suggest remedy of it
- Less hair growth on scalp suggest some home remedies
- Suggest remedy for stomach infection in a child
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....