Suggest remedy for damp feeling on penile tip caused by UTI

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi doctor I leave home and reach office after 1 HR and I feel my tip of the penis is wet. I go to the loo and try to wipe it with a tissue before peeing and I see one or 2 drops on the tissue from the opening of the meatus. I have never felt this before
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection, urine analysis, tablet norfloxacin

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.

Urinary tract infection, can some time present only with the symptoms mentioned by you.
I would have suggested you to go for urine routine examination.
Presently I would suggest you to drink plenty of water, drink cranberry juice which is found to be beneficial.
I would have waited for the for the report, then would have treated you with tablet norfloxacin 400 mg twice daily for three days. You should be fine with these measures.
If it persists I would suggest you to see Urologist for further help.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad