Suggest remedy for cyst on epididymis

Posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2015 in Men's Health
Question: Hi! How difficult is it to obtain a biopsy of a ''hypothetical'' cist (kyste) on or near the epididyme? I have been prescribed an antibiotic yet, I don't think I have any infection. I had no swelling of the scrotum or of the testicule. Only an acute pain on the touch at a very localized area, more on the RH side one than the LH side.
Hi Doctor,
I am sending a few additional documents to help you a bit in your evaluation of the situation.

I have not received yet any result from the urine test and the blood test.

I am suspecting a small tumor to the top of each of my testicules and I concerned about the way the urologist did the exam on me.

Also, I am feeling real bad after taking Cipro XL 1000 mg for consecutive 14 days. I was prescribed this medication for 21 days and I can not reach theurologist who gave me that prescription.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not difficult.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history related to the medical history, current medications and the tried ones, Echography showing apparent cyst on epididymis.

Your queries: How difficult is it to obtain a biopsy of a ''hypothetical'' cyst (kyste) on or near the epididymis?
It is not difficult to obtain a biopsy from the cyst on epididymis. If this is a cyst on the epididymis, it can be excised in toto and sent for histo-pathology reporting.
Twisted cyst can cause the symptoms of pain in the scrotum like you have- acute pain on the touch at a very localized area.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 13 hours later
Dr. T Chandrakant!
Can such cyst by malingnant (cancenigeric)?
You mention pain in thes crotum but in fact, the pain is at a precise, very localized spot on the top of the testicule ans slightly on the rear. The crotum and the testicules can be ''manipulated'' without feeling any pain. The pain is sudden when one touches the testicule from the top as it would occur accidently when masturbating.
Also, I don't know if you saw my question concerning CIPRO XL 1000 mg prescription for 21 days. I never seen a prescription of that medication for more than 14 days. Could it be the cause of the extreme pain I am feeling in my shoulders already affected by the worn rotator scuffs?
I do not like theidea of taking CIPRO XL for more than 14 days; today is my 15th day.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Usually not malignant

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Almost all the cysts anywhere in the body are not malignant and particularly so for those in the scrotum.
I had read about the character of the pain as you had described above. and this may be due to extra sensitivity at these poles and at the rear. The overall sensation of the scrotal contents is very different from rest of the body. Hence the typical pain on touching a particular spot on the testicle.

CiproXL 1000 mg: This medicine is given for one to two months in certain other diseases hence giving this for 3 weeks is not new and should be given when your Doctor has declare (suspected) that you have an infection on his clinical examination. Please take this for 3 weeks. Complete the course.
It is one of the likely causes of extreme pain you are feeling in your shoulders already affected by worn rotator cuffs. Please discuss this with your Doctor before you stop Cipro so that if he thinks so,
Take plenty of oral fluids.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 minutes later
Thanks a lot Dr. Chandrakant!
I feel reassured.
Have a great day.
R. Lachance
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome, Sir!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.
...
You may please rate this answer before closure of the discussion and can certainly contact me on the bellow link in future, whenever you may need me.
http://bit.ly/askdrtchandrakant
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon