Suggest remedy for contact dermatitis and urticaria

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: ive been to a dermatologist and he said contact dermatitis, he game me a steroid creme, it didn't work, went to my primary care doctor and she said look like corehigic uticara, its getting worse, I have had this rash for a month and a half, I've been on predisone and methlipredisone and my rash still isn't going away the er gave me claritin for the itching but thats not working, I'm itching like crazy and rubbing my skin until it bleeds..if I Dont figure out what this is I will go nuts. please help me!
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
intestinal parasites,allergy testing advised

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the situation you are going through.

I went through the photo you sent in and noted the itchy urticaria.

As this has been going for a month now and considering the location, if I was your caring doctor would advise to run further diagnostic tests :
- allergy testing to determine the right cause to this rash
- complete blood count and eosinophils
- examination of stool for ova / parasites because sometimes intestinal parasites can cause such problems. This is especially true if you have travelled to other places where there is high prevalence of intestinal parasitic infections.

For the moment, I advise to :
- continue taking oral antihistamines drugs
- apply antihistaminic cream locally
- keep a good local hygiene

Hopeit was of help!
Dr.Albana

Dr. Albana Sejdini