Suggest remedy for constipation
Yes he is suffering from constipation
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
From your history, it seems like your son is suffering from constipation.
Normally, in case of children, bowel habits can be irregular and there is nothing much to worry because gradually it becomes alright with age. But if this is chronic, it might be a cause of concern. Plus he is having poor appetite and vomiting at times.
Also, cyproheptad and to some extent vyvanse, both can cause constipation, nausea and vomiting.
You can give dramamine as and when needed to relieve nausea.
My suggestion will be to wait and watch for few days and also you can consult your treating doctor for possible change of drugs or their dosage.
If he complaints of pain abdomen, you can give him stool softeners to get bowel movements. Also, high fiber diet with lots of water will help him with digestion and stool formation. Yogurt is a good probiotic too.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for severe constipation
- Babies constipation remedies
- Imodium constipation remedies
- Adderall remedy for constipation
- Toddler constipation remedies
- Natural remedies for constipation
- Suggest remedy for constipation when having piles
- Suggest remedy for hard stool due to constipation
- Severe constipation in toddlers remedies
- Propafenone constipation remedies