Suggest remedy for constipation in children
My name is XXXXXXX
My littile baby girl is 3 yrs old.She has a problem of Constipition from her childhood.We ask the pediatrician,he said the problem will solve as she will grow up & understood the things, so we wait till now.But She dont want to do poo by herself we insert the suppotories & then only she does it.She dont want to sit for the same.She stand for doing poo.
We showed her lots of potty training videos.Explain her the things but she is dont want to agree.
Is she afraid for this or feeling dirty for these thing ,we dont understand.
How to convey her for this.How to remove all these from her mind.Plz help us.
Thanks for asking on this platform
I do understand your concern.
Toilet training is a very gradual process and sometimes frustrating for the parents.
Although in most of the cases the cause of constipation is functional but since the problem of constipation is there since early age,I would like to know if she has been investigated for the pathological causes of constipation like thyroid profile and congenital mega colon.
The average age of achieving complete bowel control is 2-3 years but it may be delayed in few children.
I suggest you not to force the baby for the toilet.Delayed toilet training can be due to stress or major changes in the routine.So give time to your baby and continue your effort.
Give her plenty of fluids,avoid too much milk,give her home based food and avoid junk foods,chocolates.Teach her to go to toilet daily at fixed time.
I won't get worried if the stool is not pellet like,there is no peri anal injury or stool is not mixed with blood.
Give her laxative like polyethylene glycol or lactulose after getting it prescribed by a pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of constipation in children
- Treatment and cure for constipation in children
- Constipation in children poo stuck
- How is constipation in children relieved
- Ayurveda and constipation in children
- Constipation in children causes
- What is the treatment for constipation in children
- What is the cure for constipation in children
- How to treat constipation in children
- Symptoms of constipation in children
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting