Owl Image

Suggest remedy for constant sweating?

Owl Image
Dr. Shoaib Khan

Question
What can I do for constant sweating?
Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Best to diagnose & treat cause instead of symptom

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and I would like you to know that I am here to help.

I should rightfully start by saying that there are many causes for such a presentation and I shall start by listing them out for you:
-Menopause (hormonal supplements will help)
-Thyroid abnormalities (thyroid medications)
-Diabetes (hypoglycaemic agents)
-Anxiety (anti-anxiety medications)
-Cardiac abnormalities (depending on condition)
-Side effects of medications (discontinue medications or find substitute)
-Stress (relaxation techniques)
-Obesity (weight loss advised)
and a few others.

But in my opinion, one of the above listed causes is the cause in your case ma'am. As you can see, the causes vary and so the treatment will vary as well. Treating the symptom will not help, as long as the cause is present the symptom will be present. So please schedule an appointment with your doctor to go about an elaborate evaluation to find the cause.

But if it is symptomatic treatment that you desire, then speak to your doctor to prescribe you anticholinergic medications that can be applied topically to the region where you sweat excessively or systemic tablets containing anticholinergic properties.

I hope you find my response helpful ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.