Suggest remedy for colic in an infant

Posted on Sun, 6 Dec 2015 in Child Health
Question: Doctor has prescribed "Coliza" drop for my 4 month old baby. As per the prescription I have given that drop 3 times a day and 3 days. The effect is very good and the gripping was gone. But now I have stopped providing the drop and the gripping is again happening. Please let me know if I can continue the drop? and if I can then how long I have to continue?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can give it for few more days

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for asking on this platform

I can understand your concern.Colic and associated crying is a very common complaint in this age.
Most of the time adding colic medication helps.
In case of symptom's recurrence you may continue the medicine for next few days (4-5days)and then as and when required.
Observe for any other symptoms like vomiting,loose stool or poor feeding.If you notice any consult your pediatrician immediately.
I would like to know what feed you are giving to the baby as sometimes mother's food habit or type of feed also precipitates the colic.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology