Suggest remedy for cold sore along with chapped lips

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Does this look like a cold sore? My lips have been chapped lately but i just want to know for sure. It just feels a little raw. Doesnt hurt really.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cheilitis or cold sore

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

This can be two things:
1) Cold sore.
2) Cheilitis

If you don't have any problems like anaemia and iron deficiency then it will be a cold sore.
Treatment is simple.

1) Use multivitamin like centrum for women.
2) Keep it moist apply petroleuk gel regularly and dont peel off the crest.
3) Protect it from coming in contact with irritants like acidic or spicy foods.
This will get better with time you don't have to worry about it doesn't look like anything of big concern.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 31 minutes later
A doctor previously diagnosed me with chiellitis.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To me as well it looks like chelitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back,

to me as well it looks like cheilitis I beleieve that doctor was thinking in the right direction too... but the problem about it is that it takes 20..25 days to heal so I would suggesr you to keep taking your vitamins and other meds and keep it moist and soft with petroleum gel it will heal in around 20 days there is nothinf to worry about.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 minutes later
Thanks! He reccomended folic acid and b12 vitamins. Anything else besides the petrolium?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use if any other med was suggested too

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back,

Actually vitamins are what gonna cure it.. I suggested you centrum for women it contains folic acid etc every thing in it... so it will cover everything according to me petroleum gel is enough its just to keep the sore moist and wont let it dry up, if the other doctor suggested you any other med.which you can get your hands onto, you can use it without doubts.

Stay blessed.

Regards.
Dr.Muhammad Ahmad