Suggest remedy for chest congestion, cough and blocked nose
My mother is 45 years old. She has Congested or blocked nose. And cough with sputum. When she is in sleeping posture the sputum gets blocked in nose and throat. We have her attached medicine from one doctor from 2 days but its not working. Please advise some good medicine and steam inhaler to recover soon.
Note: She is alergic and gets nausea if she takes high mg or power medicine.
Change her medication.
Thank you for your query.
1. You can stop the current medication.
2. Start a combination of fexofenadine and montelukast (such as Montair-FX or Allergra-M) once a day. A steroid nasal spray (such as Nasonex or Furamist AZ once a day in both nostrils), steam inhalation and one tablet of Disperzyme/ Phlogam (or equivalent) per day. Syp. Reswas one teaspoon twice a day will help. Use Otrinoz-P nasal drops for a few days, 3-4 drops at night (do not use these drops continuously for more than a week).
3. I am assuming that she has no fever or acidity. Inform your doctor.
4. Wait for at least 10 days to see the full effect. Write back in a week.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant blocked nose and cough
- Will robitussin cough + chest congestion dm treat cough?
- Severe cough and chest congestion
- Nose congestion and cough
- Chest congestion cough and mucus
- Cough with wheezing and chest congestion
- Deep chest congestion and cough
- What do you suggest for chest congestion with cough
- Congested chest cough runny nose fever
- Cough block chest and nose in infent