Suggest remedy for burns on the legs below the knee

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015 in General Health
Question: My 6 year old son has burn his leg below knee through bike silencer. I am attaching the image of his burn.He rubbed the burn so it is running some fluid. Immediately we have applied silverx . please suggest how to take care of the burn and medicine
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regular dressing with gelonet paraffin gauze,continue silverex

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

I would request you to attach the picture again as it is not showing here.The thermal burn can be of varying depth.But most of the silencer burn I have seen are superficial in nature.

Maintaining hygiene is of utmost importance to prevent infection.Clean your hand every time with soap in running water before handling the wound.You can use hand rub(sterilium) for better protection.

The main problem in burn injury is dressing and superadded infection.Using jelonet paraffin gauze for dressing is a better option as it prevents the drying up of wound and thus prevent adhesion and bleeding.Apply silverex ointment(it act as an antibiotic and helps in healing) over the burn wound twice a day and then cover it with jelonet. Apply the ointment by making a film so that the skin can get the oxygen,don't make a cake.

I would like to give him ibugesic syrup to relieve the pain and oral antibiotic like combination of amicillin and cloxacillin or amoxycillin and clavulanate as a prophylactic antibiotic.Giving Zinc with multivitamin syrup helps in better and early healing of wound.All these are prescription medicine and please get it prescribed by a physician.
Once the skin lesion starts healing application of Elovera ointment will help in faster healing and prevention of scar.
I hope this answers your query.

I shall be glad to answer if you have any more query.
Wish your child speedy recovery.

Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 29 minutes later
Attaching it again, how much days it will take to get heel
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for inconvenience

Detailed Answer:
I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.I have gone through the image and it is showing that there is only epidermal burn with some redness.
In this situation application of silverex with some analgesic like ibuprofen is sufficient, if there is no further blister formation.It should recover in two to three days.
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 6 minutes later
Thanks we'll fillow the se
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you very much

Detailed Answer:
Thank you very much for giving value to my opinion.I would request you to close the discussion and to rate it if you don't have any further doubts.
With regards