Suggest remedy for burning sensation on the penis

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: when the penis is fully erect and pull the foreskin back and forth the bottom of the head of the penis has a burning sensation sometimes kind of like a sewness but nothing looks odd or different
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection or irritation can be the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Fungal infection or irritation from chemicals like soaps you use can be the reason. Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area and instead use saline or warm water.

You can apply over the counter ointments or creams containing antifungal like miconazole and corticosteroid like hydrocortisone. This is available in brands like daktarin as over the counter.

Also check your blood sugar levels as this is a manifestation in diabetics when sugar level become high.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 59 minutes later
Thank you, I will try the topics you suggested....miconazole...corticosterio...
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN