Suggest remedy for burning sensation in thumb

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Ok Good I have a burning sensation in my left thumb. It comes and goes.

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tell a few details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would surely like to be of help but I need to know a few details beforehand-
1)Since when are you having this burning sensation?
2)What is its frequency?(many times a day,once a day and likewise---)
3)Once this sensation comes,for how much time does it stay?
4)Do you have any other significant medical history or past disease history like Diabetes,Hypertension,Thyroid disorder or any other chronic illness?

Please follow-up with details so that I can answer it well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 8 minutes later
The sencation started about 2 weeks ago.
It happens once a day or every other day.
It can stay for a couple of hours or just a few minutes.
I have been very health up till now.
I had a scare in May of 2014 of chest pains. I went to the Hospital and they could not find anything.
My fiance Died 3 month ago and it has been very emotional.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood sugar/Mental relaxation exercises/vitamins and anti-oxidants

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing further details.

After going through your detailed medical history,I am of the opinion that the symptoms as if now are non-specific and do not point towards a diagnosis.

However,sometimes Diabetes and vitamins deficiencies may present like that in the initial stages.

I suggest you to get a 'Blood sugar' level done.

At the same time,please start taking antioxidants and multivitamins supplements.

Further,please start doing regular mental relaxation exercises like meditation/yoga.

I hope to see you improve with these measures.

Hope that I have answered your query.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Dr XXXXXXX Panwaar
Thank You
Brian O'Donnell
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Please get back to me in case you have any further query in future.
For now,please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)