question-icon

Suggest remedy for burning sensation during urination

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: Male 20 years old with burning sensation when urinating. No sexual contact for over 3 weeks. Can this still be STD or what other
?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possible UTI or STD

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are havin problems with pain and burning on urination. This could be the result of a urinary tract infection or a STD. There is no way to tell without testing. I recommend that you be seen by your medical provider and be tested for STDs and UTI. This will require a urine sample and possible swab of the urethra. If it is either STD or UTI there are medications to treat the condition.

Even if your last sexual contact was weeks ago there still is a risk of STD so I recommend that you be screened properly.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions.
Dr. Ronald Schubert