Suggest remedy for burning sensation across abdomen after colonoscopy

Diabetologist
Question
I am experiencing a constant burning sensation across upper abdomen since having a colonoscopy procedure 2 days ago. This is my third colonoscopy within 8 yrs and have not experienced this symptom in past. Trying to discern what this might be and how to proceed.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be GERD

Detailed Answer:
Hi,I have read your query. I will try to help you.

I frankly think that the stress of the colonoscopy and the condition for which this has been performed may be causing a lot of Gastroesophageal reflux disease.

Ideally I would suggest a upper gi endoscopy. But I prefer to give my patient a course of proton pump inhibitors. Most of them respond to it, almost confirming the diagnosis.

Therefore I suggest you try to do the same.
Best of luck

Dr Mittal