Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedy for bump on tailbone caused by a fall

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6506 Questions
i just got a bump on my talbone
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please read detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I suppose that you fell on your buttocks and there is pain and swelling at the site of the tail bone (coccyx). The tail bone is made up of fused segments of small bones and is the last bone in the spinal column. Falling on the tail bone can cause small dislocation and rarely a fracture. Some people experience pain especially while sitting but you should not get worried. A X ray of the coccyx is done in most cases. Even if there is fracture of the coccyx there is no surgical treatment required for it. You may avoid sitting on your tailbone for a while. You can use a doughnut shaped pillow and feel comfortable. You can gently apply ice pack and pain reliever ointment on the swelling. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr,Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor