Suggest remedy for blurred vision in a diabetic

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I've been experiencing some loss in vision in my right eye. I have type2 diabetes but with metformin and lantis managed to keep my blood sugar well below 130(90-125).
The visual impairment lasts less than an hour but it seems to be returning more often...
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabetes is the culprit

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthCareMagic. Com

Thank you for sending in your query.

Transient blurring of vision in a diabetic patient may be due to the hypoglycemia occuring in patients taking insulin. Usually just after taking an insulin shot.

This blurred vision is is usually caused by fluid entering into the lens of the eye and causing the lens to swell, changing its shape and altering its ability to focus properly. This is usually temporary and lasts for a few minutes to hours.

You should monitor your blood sugar more often to chart out the fluctuations.

Having said that, please do get a full ophthalmic checkup by a trained ophthalmologist. Stressing on a detailed Lens and Retina examination.

Please do get back to us in case of further query.

Having said that

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T