Suggest remedy for blood in urine

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: After sex, I went to the bathroom to pee and blood came out. My semen was fine. I noticed that I was extremely hot. I have no STDs or infections. This isn't the first time. I'm not sure if the sex was too rough or not. I'm 20 years old. I assumed I got hot and popped a blood vessel but usually when this happens there is blood in my semen and not my pee. Now blood is in my pee and not my semen. In the past I have seen doctors and urologists about this and nobody found anything wrong with me. What do you think is causing this?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood should be from semen only.

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxwhitehurstjr and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i must assure you that, blood in urine after sex,is from semen.
How long have you had this experience.
You need to see an Urologist, for a rectal examination.
Then get the following tests done:
1. Urine routine and culture.
2. Semen culture.
3. Blood sugar, creatinine, PSA,platelets, PT ,and SGPT.
4. Ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis.
5. TRUS (trans rectal ultrasound scan).
According to reports,proper treatment will be advised.
Drink 10-12 glasses fluids daily.
Till the reports are available, the Urologist may start an antibiotic, like Ciprofloxacin daily.
You're welcome to send a copy of reports here, with report of Urologists' examination, for an expert opinion.
Kindly mention the treatment taken so far, with duration of medication,and copy of STD test reports.
It's advisable to avoid sex till treatment is completed.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 6 minutes later
In the past i have had rectal exams and taken various tests but doctors have not found anything. I do not have an STD. The first time this ever happened was two years ago and since then it has happened a few times. It always goes away eventually but I want to know what keeps causing it if possible. Urologists have found no cause after all the tests in the past. I thought it could be inflammation since I overheated last night. I also thought I popped a blood vessel but I am not sure.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
send latest reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
You're right in assuming, the cause is likely to be inflammatory in nature.
But one has to be sure, to give an expert opinion.
You can send the latest reports you've with you, of the tests mentioned.

Do you think there could be any other cause?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Several causes for blood in semen.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
There're many causes of blood in semen.
That's precisely the reason for asking to send the recent test reports.
We can confirm, if we're missing any other cause.
As you've met several Urologists, you must be aware of the various possibilities.
Ensure to send the latest reports.