question-icon

Suggest remedy for blocked sebaceous cyst

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: Hello, i recently went to my doctor complaining of what looked like a blister right beside my top left rear end butt cheek. It does not hurt, nor does it appear red or inflamed. She diagnosed it as a block sebaceous gland and that its not a big deal. I can have it removed or leave it alone as long as it doesnt bother me. I forgot to ask her a few questions, so, ill just ask them here. Will this thing ever go away on its on? Will it get bigger? Should i have it removed?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Get it removed

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Blocked sebaceous cyst needs to be removed.
It cannot be treated with medication. I understand you have no problems now, but if it gets infected it will cause lot of pain.
I advice you to get it removed.
A minor surgery is sufficient to remove it.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar (5 hours later)
Ok thank you and i will.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
That's great.
You are welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist