Suggest remedy for blocked nose when suffering from cold
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern.
1. Common cold (Rhinitis) is a self limiting condition, the aim is symptomatic relief.
2. Consult with an ENT doctor who will inspect the throat with a good torch & tongue depressor for:
. Acute Pharyngitis
3. Blocking of nose is normal due to mucosal edema in colds, so need not to worry.
i. Steam Inhalations 2-3 timed/day. Add to boiling water- Tinc. Benzoin, Vicks or Amrutanjan.
ii. Warm salt water gargles.
iii. Hot drinks to sip.
iv. 3 drops of ghee in both nostrils ( thrice daily) OR Nasivion nasal drops: 1-2 drops for symptomatic relief.
PS. make sure not to take nasivion drops for more than a week since taking longer causes reflex blockage of nostrils.
v. Vicks inhaler, Vicks or Halls Lozenges.
vi. If it progresses to Pharyngitis or Bronchitis, then take a good antibiotic.
vii. take soft food ( soft rice with milk/ghee, plain dal), boiled vegetables,no chillies/oily/ fried food, cold drinks/ water.
viii. AVOID: fast/junk food,sour/alkalis, water melon,curd.
ix. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras: 2 tablet twice daily with water.
Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blocked nose due to cold
- Purple nose when cold
- Is nose bleeding normal when suffering from cold
- Suggest treatment for sever cold and blocked nose
- Treatment for blocked nose severe cold
- Azibact for common cold blocked nose
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and blocked nose
- Cold sweat and cold nose
- Cheston cold blocked nose
- Suggest remedy for headache and cold