• question-icon

Suggest remedy for blocked flow during ejaculation and after vasectomy

Posted on Sat, 29 Nov 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question:
I had a successful and relatively painless vasectomy 4 months ago. I have had no issues, but recently when ejaculating, I felt like the flow was blocked and very little fluid came out. This happened once three weeks ago, then yesterday and again today. I experienced slight pain in the "tube/maybe the urethra that the ejaculate flows from out of the underside of the penis. Yesterday's event, when I urinated, I felt no pain but a small object half the size of a pin head (orange/red and pliable) came out. It was not blood but was somewhat gelatinous if that makes sense. today, similar objects came out with the ejaculate after feeling like the flow was restricted. Did I have some kind of temporary blockage and what might it be?

I have never had any issue like this and my wife and I have been very sexually active for years and no change in activity as per frequency and no rough activity. Could this have something to do with my vasectomy?? The vasectomy is the only occurrence that has been a unique variable or change in my situation. The interesting facts are that this happened 3 weeks ago, then did not occur again although activity frequency did not change, and then it happened two days in a row. I definitely feel something like a blockage when I ejaculate. It is obvious that the flow was restricted yesterday and today with these objects coming out immediately after ejaculation. What are the objects that were expelled?

Please view the attached photo of the objects. If you zoom in, you can see them very clearly.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it may be related to Vasectomy.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, it may be related to Vasectomy. The material expelled may be semen mixed with some blood. I suggest you to undergo a thorough physical exam by the Urologist who did the surgery and also get urethroscopy done based on physical exam findings. This might confirm things.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Poola 16 minutes later
Thank you doctor. Did you view the photo that I attached? It did not look like blood. I find it odd that it happened once 3 weeks ago and then again yesterday with no occurrence in between. What about the blockage of the semen flow? I could feel that it was blocked and only a slight amount came out. Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes, I looked at the photo attached. Blood when mixed by other body fluids can give different appearance. However, confirmation by microscopic examination is required. There may or may not be a blockage. But still urethra and all the passages needs to be evaluated.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist