Suggest remedy for blepharitis
PS I need a really good Dermatologist but can't get in until end of November. What do I do in the meantime? Use cortisone cream?? Side effects?? Marcy
Cortisone is the best topical treatment till Dermatologist opinion.
I am sure you are confused with all the above terms said by different doctors. Let me clear Blepharitis can happen with Seborrhoeic dermatitis and also with Lupus.
I suspect it to be Seborrhoeic dermatitis but it did not itch so it should go with rosacea or Lupus which has classic malar rash. It would be clear with a picture attached with the query.
Let me tell you that all of the above require a topical steroid treatment. I think cortisone ointment /cream is safe and can easily help to clear the mild blotches. You can use moisturizer along with it for it to act longer. Winters can be worse so you should get the Dermatologist before it starts cold. The side effects of topical cortisone are near to nil, so you can safely use them.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?