question-icon

Suggest remedy for bleeding from penis

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: Hi , my penis was harmed and bleeded while having sex with my partner .
It seems a small wound where the prepura is joined .
Kindly suggest what shall be done
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please find details below and consult doctor if bleeding does not stop

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Many people get injury to the penis during sex and it is common. If bleeding has stopped then there is no need to worry and the wound will heal by itself in a week.

2. If bleeding does not stop then please consult a doctor to get a suture on the penis to stop bleeding.

3. Please wash your penis with warm water and apply neosporin ointment on the wound twice daily.

4. Avoid having sex for a week and till then please allow the wound to heal.

5. Wear loose inner clothes and avoid jeans if there is discomfort.

Hope your query is answered.
Please write back if there is any doubt.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist