Suggest remedy for bed sores on buttocks

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have bed sores on the butt,what can i do
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
mobilisation and local care

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.

Bed sores are mostly found in long standing bed ridden patients. In such cases, we generally suggest the following-

mobilisation of the patient. This is the most important part. If not possible, at least turning the patient to either sides in case of sore in buttocks, giving air refill mattress or water filled mattress if required.
Taking proper care of the sore, cleaning it regularly with betadine lotion and application of mupirocin or silver sulfadiazine ointment three to four times a day.

You can get clinically checked by a doctor and follow as advised above.

Hope this was useful.
You can consult me for any further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina