Suggest remedy for bacterial infection post unprotected oral sex

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Nov 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doc

i have many different sex partners (women)
I practice relativly safe sex for most part
Always use thinesity trojan condoms for sex and
Most times for oral i use same condom .

Unfortunatly i notice very often when i dont use
Condom for oral i get infections of some sort ?

My urithra starts to tingle , itch , slightly burn and
Recently it might have infected my prostate
Cause my prostate was tender and my doctor gave me 15 day bactrim ds for prostate infection and UTI

After the antibiotics i feel normal again .
Before i went on antibiotics i did std tests they came negative .

Now i had sex with 8 girls and same routine
Condom for veginal and some time for oral .
Its been 5-6 days since my last encounter and i
Feel infection might be coming back .
Did another std test and and is negative .

What the hell can this be and causing this ?
Why am i geting these infections ?
Is this normal ?
What is this bacteria if std test is showing negative
For 8 stds out of 10 .
I am herpes positive 1&2
Chlymydia negative
Gonoreah negative
Hiv negative
Syphylis negative
Hep a,b,c negative
Hiv2 negative

Can i do something to not get this infection ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to bacterial infection transmitted through oral sex .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have unprotected oral sex with and protected intra vaginal sex with multiple partners and getting repeated infections of penis .

Oral cavity is a habitat for multiple bacterial flora hence infection gets transmitted to urethra and glans penis very easily through oral sex that is what is happening to you .

You are known to have Herpes 1 and 2 positive .Herpes infection has tendency to remain dormant for couple of months and recur again .

You can take Acyclovir twice daily for herpes infection .

Ask your female partners to have Chlorhexidine mouth wash before getting engaged in receiving oral sex .This will help to prevent getting bacterial infection to some extent .

STD is never transmitted through oral sex hence no need to do STD tests again as long as you are practicing safe and well protected intra vaginal sex .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer :)
I am greatly excited that there is a glimmer of hope in my quest to find what has been happening to me for many years . I love sex , and infection or no infection
I always have to have it , so likelihood of me stopping having oral sex are very slim.

You have mentioned Oral flora is to blame , this makes perfect sense ,
however your answer opened up more questions .

So here is a quick recap :

I would say my Urethra feels
somewhat slightly inflamed ( burning ,agitated and possibly after longer time inflames my prostate ) , but I don't get any dripping because I don't have any STDs .I go check myself every few months just to get negative results.
All this puzzles me. I know every time I take antibiotics my penis feels great again , but I can not be popping antibiotics every time I have sex with a prostitute.

So here are some more questions :
1.
When I have sex with my wife and she gives me oral I never get these
infections . Can you try to explain ? When I have unprotected oral with
other women I seem to get these infections right away usually within one day
or two and infection stays fairly mild and I guess It builds up over time .
2.
You have mentioned Herpes , are you implying that my herpes 2 may be also
causing this infection ? can you elaborate ?

explanation of my herpes : I don't know how long I had herpes , I hardly get visible outbreaks .last visible oral outbreak I got was about a year ago but it was tiny . Genital herpes outbreak , I am not sure what it looks like cause I never get them. Some time I can only assume something is happening because I may feel
a bit of soreness around my anus and testes , but that does not happen very often either .My doctor gave me Valtrex to use but I hardly use it .

3. If you are correct and my problems are related to Oral flora ,
can I spread this infection like regular std to my wife's vagina or her mouth ?
Should she be treated with antibiotics too ? Are we going to play ping pong with this infection ?

4. When I am aroused the infection seem to go away for most part . and comes back when I go soft .

5. Getting to know my situation what would you have me do as your patient
other than stay away from sex . Is there an antibiotic that is specially designed
to kill oral flora bacteria once penis gets infected ? Perhaps a single dose cure that is safe and mild form of antibiotic that person can simply take as needed ?

Thank you again for taking the time to
help me with my problem .

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here are detail answers to your questions

Detailed Answer:
Helo
Thanks for follow up .

I would answer your questions point to point.

1) One can be sure about the oral hygiene of his wife where as same can not be true with other woman .That is the reason I have suggested to ask your female partner to have Chlorhexidine mouth wash before getting engaged in oral sex .

2) Herpes is known to have remission and relapses and can even remain dormant through out life ,One has to take treatment when there is outbreak of Herpes infection .

3) Whenever you have active infection you should avoid oral sex and have safe and protected sex with your wife .There is possibility of transmitting infection to her vagina and it is safe she also takes antibiotics to prevent infection .

4)During foreplay when one gets aroused there is increased blood flow to the penis .That may be the reason for infection to go away .

5) There is no specific antibiotics for such infection .You can take single dose of Althrocin that is commonly used in sexual diseases .If possible practice safe and protected sex.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.