Suggest remedy for back and neck pain

Posted on Thu, 9 Oct 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Hello. I have back and neck pain on my right side only, possibly from my posture at work (holding a phone in the crook of my neck) which can resonate in numbness/ache down my arm.

I also have a swollen lymph node under my right jaw line, and I have a feeling of fullness behind my right ear. I do clench my teeth, and grind in my sleep, and my jaw clicks on the right side.

Additionally, I have a recurring feeling of a lump in my throat on the right side - this comes and goes and I'm not sure if it's an esophageal spasm or just anxiety. Occasionally I am horse.

I have a history of bulimia and I'm wondering if my problem is muscular, internal or psychosomatic.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This pain can be due to enlarge lymphnodes

Detailed Answer:
I studied your case and I think that your neck pain can be due to poor posture . You also have mentioned that you are feeling a lump on right side of throat. It could be due to enlarged lymph node. To better understand your illness I want to know little detail about your symptoms.
1. Since when you are feeling this (what I think is) enlarged lymph node? Is it tender?
2. Can you describe your neck pain in more detail? For example, the nature of the pain, aggravating and relieving factors?
3. When do you feel that lump in the throat? During swallowing food? Or all the time?
4. Are you having difficulty in sleep, anxiety and undue fear of any illness in your mind all the time?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 25 minutes later
The enlarged lymph node was noticed last year - I was seen by a dr for this who thought it had just 'popped out'. I would not decribe it as tender.

The pain in my neck is also in my shoulders - if i manipulate the tendons in my clavicle, i can feel pain in my back, and if i rub my shoulder the whole area hurts. My back is very knotty and tender, and my shoulder clicks upon rotation in either direction.

The lump in the throat comes and goes. I first noticed it XXXXXXX 2013. My husband and I were trying (at the time, unsuccessfully) for a baby after having to have a termination in Aug 12 due to amniotic band syndrome. I had my first panic attack at that time, too. It is more apparent when i am thinking about it - at the moment I'm thinking about it a lot. I suppose you could say I am health anxious. It does sometimes feel like food sticks, but I have not regurgitated or choked. I have not lost any weight unintentionally, I have had no vomiting or stools with blood.

It would be fair to say this is on my mind a lot - the symptoms I have described may be incidental that they are apparent at the same time, but when put in to 'Dr Google', it paints a bleak picture which only compounds the anxiety.

Thank you for your swift reply, and I hope my answers have helped

.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think you problems are psychosomatic

Detailed Answer:
Hello madam,
I studied your case and I think you are having psychosomatic issues. Your problem does not fit in any other disease group.
1. For neck pain I would recommend you to start physiotherapy. This will have relaxing effect on your back muscles and your mind both.
2. Not able to conceive, anxious nature and closed relative having a serious illness all can be contributing factors in such illness.
3. I would recommend you to take a psychiatrist opinion. He may advice you Nexito plus.
4. Try to avoid reading about illness on internet as it may offer half information. Health care magic is better option.
I hope this answer will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other follow up questions.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement