Suggest remedy for anxiety and stress after pregnancy

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Question: After returning to work from maternity leave i have felt extreme anxiety, easily aggiyated, stressed and even depressed some days to whwre its making me feel crazy. I have been running myself down as i am go go go. Well 2 days ago felt back of ear and there was a lump at the crease of ear where connects to neck. My ear seems hot at times, ear canal feels swollen but it is better than yesterday, inside of ears itch, back of neck even more so than yesterday, even my scalp has been itchy and I notice losing alot more hair! It's very uncomfortable. I am in need of dental work however I was at the dentist today he said lump has no relevance to tooth. My teeth have been bothering me since having baby, dry mouth and fillings needed. I am also under am extreme amount of stress once returning to work full time.

I did kill what I believe to possibly be, Wolf spider family,2 female Wolfe spiders carrying babies a week ago the first one, 2nd one this past sunday. I had what my husband and I believed to be a spider bite in case any relevance. On my right arm and a mark is still there. Then day after i killed the second spider with all these baby spiders i had a lump behind left ear next day. I did go to urgent care today and actually Dr didn't seem too concerned. Sending me home with nothing and said use neosporin. Only thing he said was that my sinuses were swollen. It just doesn't feel right.any opinions?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing much to worry about the lump

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Your lump behind the ear has definately no relationship with the dental pains, spider bite or the stress you are undergoing. There could be various reasons for the lump like lymph node or lipoma or sinus swelling or a furuncle. But believe me nothing of them is serious. And if your doctor has already has examined it, then you need not bother a lot.
For stress at office work you may consider taking short breaks during work and also you may consider meditation or yoga. This will help in reducing your stress at work .

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 minutes later
Dr said that's not where nodes are and it's an insect bite. You believe that's incorrect then? I appreciate you taking time to answer.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are nodes in that area

Detailed Answer:
Hello
There are auricular lymphnodes in and around the ear. But the pictures that you have uploaded suggest that yes, it could be an insect bite. But as I said there is nothing much to worry and the node will disappear very soon without much treatment being given.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD