• question-icon

Suggest remedy for anal fissure

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Lump
Question: Hi doctor

I was diagnosed with anal fissure 3 months back and was prescribed stool softener sitz bath and diltigesic .. I used it and things got well .. But from last 1 week I am having continuous itching mostly early in the morning .. I do not have any pain or bleeding while bowl movement ..
But itching in lower lining of anus is there.

Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Rishi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be one of the symptoms of the Fissure with fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
It sounds like one of the symptoms of the Fissure itself. Do not worry as there would be an element of a fungal infection around the fissure or the sentinel tag that a fissure leads to. You should apply Clotrimazole or Tinaderm ointment or cream over the area after washing it clean two times a day.
Also please get it checked by your Doctor so that he can confirm there are no other issues. If there is any pain at any time you should report it to the Doctor or let us know.
Do not worry, it should be fine in a few days time.
Take care and do let me know if there are other queries that you need assistance with.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon