Suggest remedy for allergy to fish oil and cod liver oil

Question
I have had 2 virus and had them one after the other.....my mouth is producing much saliva...??
I am Asthmatic also and reacted bad to fish oil and cod liver oil so I stopped taking them as my glands became swollen in my neck...Is it possible I have an infection still? I have stopped eating most foods except fruit , veg , nuts and organic meat. No dairy No wheat at all..
I am visiting a herbalist but this problem is still with me...
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy test and treatment needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.
From the information provided by you, I think that you have been suffering from chronic allergic condition that needs further evaluation and medical attention.
Viral infection can cause exacerbations of asthma. But, they are often self limiting conditions in adults and usually get cured in less than 7 days unless there is some complications. But, even after relief from the same there may be exaggerated abnormal immune response locally that produces excess phlegm. An alternative reason may be allergy to a substance or food to which you are exposed regularly and you don't know what it is.
Thirdly, your glands were swollen. That may occur after local infection especially viral.
So, my recommendations are-
1. Please carefully notice the colour of your phlegm. If it is something other than whitish or there is blood, you need to be examined by a chest physician.
2. An allergic rhinitis and sinusitis may be present. To alleviate the symptoms, you should have steam inhalation twice daily and gurgle with XXXXXXX warm water twice daily.
3. If your glands are still swollen, an ENT consulted should be consulted to rule out tubercular etiology or ocult neoplasm or some salivary gland pathology or any autoimmune chronic inflammatory disease.
4. I don't have any idea regarding the safety of a harbal meds. However, every substance has its own adverse effects. Even water, in excess, may be dangerous in some. So, nothing can be absolutely safe, as sometimes perceived by some people regarding herbal products.
5. An allergy test should be done to find out what you are allergic too.
6. For symptomatic relief, you may take some antihistaminics, which is available OTC if not already taking, to get relief from allergic symptoms.
7. I also advice my patients Montelukast in this condition. But, you should consult your physician first before adding that to your current treatment.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you think I have satisfactorily resolved your query, please close the thread and rate my answer. If you have any further query related to this, please write back.
In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.
Dr. Kaushik