Suggest remedy for allergic reaction in eye due to dust

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello!! Dr XXXXXXX I am XXXX
I have a question regarding my mother who's age is 49 and she's suffering eye allergy. This caused after she did dusting work at home. She's suffering from itching in eyes and continuous watering in eyes. We are bases out of Gachibowli, XXXXXXX location. So, request to suggest a medicine.
Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
An anti-allergic medication will settle her symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,Welcome to HCM,

Thank you for your query.

1. An anti-allergic medication (such as Cetirizine 10 mg , Fexofenadine 120 mg) once a day will help control the symptoms.

2. Dust contains a variety of allergens. This includes dust mites, insect parts including cockroach waste, spiders, moulds, pollen, animal dander and so on.

3. Once her symptoms settle down, stop this medication for a week and get specific allergy tests done.

4. She can use a 3M N95 mask with respirator valve for a few days.

5. Once the allergens are identified, specific measures can be taken to reduce her allergy.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee