Suggest remedy for addiction to Codeine Phosphate syrup
Yes you can have a baby
Hello Mr. XXXX,
Codeine addiction is not good for overall health of body. However it does not cause any direct effect on fertility.It may affect your erection capability in long term but if you are able to do successful intercourse codeine is not responsible for any failure as it does not affect sperm production.
For pregnancy to be occurred semen with sufficient sperms reach to uterus while woman is there in her ovulation period.
You can do following things at present.
- Consult psychiatrist for deaddiction from codeine if you are not able to quit on yourself.
- You can go for semen analysis to reassure yourself that everything is fine.For semen sample you have to be away from sex or masturbation for 3 days.Revert back to me with reports.
- Are you or your wife aware about that what are probable dates of ovulation? If yes it is good, if not let me know her last 3 menstrual periods dates.So I can suggest now when you should try for baby.
- I hope your wife's menstruation is regular an no problem in that aspect. If so please take opinion of gynecologist.
In conclusion codeine is not responsible for your fertility issue but you should quit the same for your health.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Codeine phosphate dose
- Codeine phosphate and paracetamol
- Peyronie's syndrome codeine phosphate
- Side effects of codeine phosphate
- Codeine phosphate 60 mg
- Codeine phosphate addiction
- Effects of codeine phosphate
- Codeine phosphate over the counter
- Paracetamol and codeine phosphate tablets
- Codeine phosphate and infertility